World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Burchetts Green

Article Id: WHEBN0000984756
Reproduction Date:

Title: Burchetts Green  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Berkshire College of Agriculture, A4130 road, Knowl Hill, Berkshire, Villages in Berkshire, Pinkneys Green
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Burchetts Green

Burchetts Green
Burchetts Green is located in Berkshire
Burchetts Green
Burchetts Green
 Burchetts Green shown within Berkshire
OS grid reference
Unitary authority Windsor and Maidenhead
Ceremonial county Berkshire
Region South East
Country England
Sovereign state United Kingdom
Post town Maidenhead
Postcode district SL6
Dialling code 01628
Police Thames Valley
Fire Royal Berkshire
Ambulance South Central
EU Parliament South East England
UK Parliament Maidenhead
List of places
UK
England
Berkshire

Burchetts Green is a small village to the west of Maidenhead in the English county of Berkshire. It is half in the civil parish of Hurley and half in the civil parish of Bisham.

The Berkshire College of Agriculture is located there and includes Hall Place, which was built in 1728 by William East, a wealthy London lawyer.

Burchetts Green School was originally built as a chapel in 1868 on land donated by the Clayton-East family. It is an infant school with around 50 pupils.

External links

Media related to at Wikimedia Commons


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.