World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Bus-lès-Artois

Article Id: WHEBN0015500473
Reproduction Date:

Title: Bus-lès-Artois  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Communes of the Somme department, Arrondissement of Amiens
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Bus-lès-Artois

Bus-lès-Artois
Bus-lès-Artois
Bus-lès-Artois

Coordinates: 50°06′15″N 2°32′32″E / 50.1042°N 2.5422°E / 50.1042; 2.5422Coordinates: 50°06′15″N 2°32′32″E / 50.1042°N 2.5422°E / 50.1042; 2.5422

Country France
Region Picardy
Department Somme
Arrondissement Amiens
Canton Acheux-en-Amiénois
Intercommunality Pays du Coquelicot
Government
 • Mayor (2001–2008) Philippe Rouvillain
Area
 • Land1 6.74 km2 (2.60 sq mi)
Population (2010)
 • Population2 147
 • Population2 density 22/km2 (56/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 80153 / 80560
Elevation 108–153 m (354–502 ft)
(avg. 140 m or 460 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Bus-lès-Artois is a commune in the Somme department in Picardie in northern France.

Geography

The commune is situated on the D176 road, some 30 miles (48 km) northeast of Amiens.

Population

Historical population of Bus-lès-Artois
Year 1962196819751982199019992006
Population 172193158135135146147
From the year 1962 on: population without double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.

Places of interest

  • Church of Saint Pierre, constructed over several centuries, restored in 1804.
  • Château de 1848, built on the site of an old fort, to the north of the church.
  • The playing area of the Picard sport ‘fr:ballon au poing

See also

References

  • INSEE

External links

  • Bus-lès-Artois on the Quid site (French)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.