Chernivtsi Philharmonic

Coordinates: 48°17′40″N 25°56′04″E / 48.2945°N 25.9344°E / 48.2945; 25.9344 Chernivtsi Philharmonic Hall (from Ukrainian, literally: Chernivtsi Regional Philharmonic - Чернівецька обласна філармонія)is part of the network of state philharmonic halls in Ukraine located in the central part of Chernivtsi, Ukraine.

Original hall

The current hall was completed in 1876-1877 as a concert hall of the Ukrainian Music Society.

Recent history

The entity "Chernivtsi Philharmonic Hall" was founded in 1940. Organ and chamber music music hall was opened on 18 August 1992, on the anniversary of the Ukrainian independence.

Concert programmes

The hall is the home, rehearsal and concert venue of musicians and musical bands playing classical but also folk music.

The hall is the venue of music competitions and hosted such musicians as Enrico Caruso, Solomiya Krushelnytska, Feodor Chaliapin, Mykola Lysenko.

Today, the hall still hosts a number of music classes.

In 1944, the Bukovyna Song and Dance Ensemble of Ukraine was founded. The Chamber Orchestra performs since 1975, and in 1978, it won won the Republican competition of chamber music ensembles in Kiev. In 1992 was founded the Chernivtsi Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, in 1993 - the Chamber Choir. The philharmonic hall became the starting point of such performers as Jan Tabachnik and Sofia Rotaru.

External links

  • Official site
  • Yan Tabachnik's interview (Russian)
  • Чернівецька обласна філармонія — Official Site of Chernivtsi City Hall
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.