World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Clarke Hinkle Field

Article Id: WHEBN0004477733
Reproduction Date:

Title: Clarke Hinkle Field  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field, Ray Nitschke Field, Don Hutson Center, The Dope Sheet
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Clarke Hinkle Field

Clarke Hinkle Field is one of the two outdoor American football practice facilities of the Green Bay Packers (the other being Ray Nitschke Field). These fields, together with the Don Hutson Center, comprise the team's training complex.

The field is named for Clarke Hinkle, who played for the Packers from 1932 to 1941. Hinkle is a member of both the Pro Football and Packers halls of fame.

Clarke Hinkle Field has a sand-based natural turf surface, installed in 2005. The natural grass surface is reinforced with artificial fibers. It was installed at Clarke Hinkle Field as a test for the turf problems that plague Lambeau Field in the later months of the season. Ray Nitschke Field has an artificial FieldTurf surface.

External links

  • Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article: "Packers may have solution to protect their turf"
  • Packers.com press release: "Packers To Practice On New Training Camp Surface"

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.