World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

EPA Larnaca FC

Article Id: WHEBN0003605889
Reproduction Date:

Title: EPA Larnaca FC  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cypriot First Division, 1970–71 European Cup, Cypriot Super Cup, Dušan Fitzel, AEL Limassol
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

EPA Larnaca FC

EPA Larnaca
Club crest
Full name Enosis Pezoporikou Amol (Ένωσις Πεζοπορικού Αμολ)
Founded 1930 (1930)
Dissolved 1994 (1994)
Ground GSZ Stadium

EPA Larnaca (Greek: Ένωσις Πεζοπορικού Αμολ, Enosis Pezoporikou Amol) was a Cypriot football club based in the city of Larnaca. Founded in 1930 with the merge of two local clubs, Pezoporikos and AMOL, the club was a founding member of Cyprus Football Association and participated in the first Cypriot Championship in 1934/35. Few years later, Pezoporikos was re-established. The golden era of the club was in the period 1944-1946, when the team won the Double in two consecutive seasons. In 1970, the club participated in the Greek First National Division, as Cyprus champions. They were also cup winners 5 times. In 1994, they merged with Pezoporikos Larnaca and formed AEK Larnaca FC.[1]

The team had also basketball and volleyball sections. The women's volleyball team won the first Cyprus Championship in 1976.

Contents

  • Trophies 1
    • Football 1.1
    • Volleyball (women) 1.2
  • References 2

Trophies

Football

  • Cypriot Championship:
    • Champions (3): 1945, 1946, 1970
    • Runners-up (5): 1939, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1972
  • Cypriot Cup:
    • Winners (5): 1945, 1946, 1950, 1953, 1955
    • Runners-up (3): 1951, 1968, 1985

Volleyball (women)

  • Cypriot Championship:
    • Champions (1): 1976
  • Cyprus Cup:
    • Runners-up (1): 1978

References

  1. ^ http://www.sigmalive.com/sports/columns/akis+kyriakou/389472
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.