World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Kenton Road

Article Id: WHEBN0002548990
Reproduction Date:

Title: Kenton Road  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Middlesex University MED3040, Kenton station, Kenton, A4032 road, A4037 road
Collection: Kenton, London, Streets in Brent, Streets in Harrow
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Kenton Road

A4006 road shield

A4006 road
Route information
Length: 3.6 mi[1] (5.8 km)
(length of A4006, not Kenton Road)
Road network

Kenton Road is a main road in the London Borough of Harrow and the London Borough of Brent. It lies in the areas of Harrow and Kenton.

Route and landmarks

Its eastern end is the border of Kenton in Middlesex and Kingsbury (in NW9) in London. Kenton Road is the A4006, apart from a short stretch west of Northwick Park roundabout, which is a small part of the A404. The road east of the Kenton Methodist Church originally followed the route of what is now Woodgrange Avenue and was a continuation of Kenton Lane before being upgraded, re-positioned and renamed in the early 20th century as an eastward extension of the original Kenton Road.

On the north side of the road, almost opposite Kenton station is the Traveller's Rest pub. Approximately 13 mi (0.54 km) further along the A4006, also on the north side of the road, at the junction with St Leonard's Avenue, is the parish church of St Mary-the-Virgin, Kenton, built in 1935-1936 by the architect Harold Gibbons and a local firm of builders, Melsom & Rosier. Approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) further on, on the south side of the Kenton Road is All Saints Catholic Church, built in 1963. About another 13 mi (0.54 km) further on is the Greek Orthodox Church of St Panteleimon. Originally a mission church of the Church of England parish, it was acquired in recent years by the Greek community, which has replaced it with a traditional Greek Basilica complete with gold dome (2011).

Houses on Kenton Road

As late as 1935 there was a busy

  1. ^ "Driving directions to Kenton Rd".  
References
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.