World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Oissy

Article Id: WHEBN0016055012
Reproduction Date:

Title: Oissy  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Communes of the Somme department, Arrondissement of Amiens
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Oissy

Oissy
Oissy
Oissy

Coordinates: 49°54′20″N 2°03′05″E / 49.9056°N 2.0514°E / 49.9056; 2.0514Coordinates: 49°54′20″N 2°03′05″E / 49.9056°N 2.0514°E / 49.9056; 2.0514

Country France
Region Picardy
Department Somme
Arrondissement Amiens
Canton Molliens-Dreuil
Intercommunality Sud-Ouest Amiénois
Government
 • Mayor (2001–2008) Thierry Langlet
Area
 • Land1 5.52 km2 (2.13 sq mi)
Population (2006)
 • Population2 235
 • Population2 density 43/km2 (110/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 80607 / 80540
Elevation 37–119 m (121–390 ft)
(avg. 25 m or 82 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Oissy is a commune in the Somme department in Picardie in northern France.

Geography

Oissy is situated on the D156 road, some 13 miles (21 km) west of Amiens.

Population

Population history
1962 1968 1975 1982 1990 1999 2006
86 99 109 182 211 213 235
Starting in 1962: Population without duplicates

Places of interest

  • The 17th/18th-century château. Built by François Trudaine as part of a great estate sold to the nation in 1795. Much of the grounds still exist. The entrance and the ground-floor were severely damaged in a fire in 1946. Constructed in red brick and sandstone on a rectangular plan, it has a mansard style roof. The water feature is in its original shape. The château and its domain constitute an interesting example of châteaux of the late 17th century in the region.
  • The church

See also

References

  • INSEE

External links

  • Oissy on the Quid website (French)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.