World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Pierre-André-Charles Petit de Julleville

Article Id: WHEBN0019437121
Reproduction Date:

Title: Pierre-André-Charles Petit de Julleville  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Rouen
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Pierre-André-Charles Petit de Julleville

Pierre Petit de Julleville, was a French Catholic priest, who became archbishop of Rouen. On February 18, 1946, Pope Pius XII elevated him into the College of Cardinals.

The baptismal name of Pierre Petit de Julleville was Pierre-André-Charles. He attended the seminary of Saint-Sulpice, and, the University of Sorbonne, both in Paris.[1] Pierre Petit de Julleville was ordained, July 4, 1903, in Paris. After ordination he continued the following two years additional theological studies. In 1905 he was named faculty member of the Grand Seminary of Issy Paris, where he taught from 1905—1910. He was Canon of the cathedral chapter and superior the of School of Sainte-Croix-de-Neuilly, Neuilly, from 1910-1914, and, after the war from 1918- 1927. During World War I, in all the war years 1914-1918, Pierre Petit de Julleville was military chaplain.[1]

Pierre Petit de Julleville was elected bishop of Dijon, on June 23, 1927. He was consecrated, September 29, 1927, in the metropolitan cathedral of Paris, by Cardinal Louis-Ernest Dubois, archbishop of Paris. He was promoted the to metropolitan see of Rouen, August 7, 1936, where he acted as Apostolic administrator of the see of Dijon, September 18, 1936 to May 15, 1937.[1] [1]

Bibliography

  • Brain, Roger. Le Cardinal Petit de Julleville. Paris: Centre de documentation sacerdotale, 1948;
  • Chapeau, O.S.B. André and Fernand Combaluzier, C.M. Épiscopologe français des temps modernes, 1592-1973. Paris : Letouzey et Ané, 1974, p. 443-444;
  • De la Serre, René. Le Cardinal Petit de Julleville. Paris: Librairie Plon, 1955.

Sources

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.