World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Seibert Stadium

Article Id: WHEBN0005722496
Reproduction Date:

Title: Seibert Stadium  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: 2015 The Citadel Bulldogs football team, Seibert Hall, 1994 UCF Golden Knights football team, Sports venues in Alabama, 2010 The Citadel Bulldogs football team
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Seibert Stadium

Seibert Stadium
Location 800 Lakeshore Drive
Homewood, Alabama 35229
Owner Samford University
Operator Samford University
Capacity 6,700 (1989-present)
6,500 (1958-1988)
Surface LSR Blade
Construction
Broke ground 1957
Opened September 26, 1958
Tenants
Samford Bulldogs (NCAA)
(1958-present)

Seibert Stadium is a 6,700-seat multi-purpose stadium in Homewood, Alabama. It is home to the Samford University Bulldogs college football team. The facility opened in 1958 and is named for F. Page Seibert, who in 1961, donated money for the completion of the stadium. The largest crowd in stadium history was in 1994 when over 11,000 showed up to see Steve McNair and Alcorn State.

The four-level Bashinsky Press Tower was completed before the 1989 season. This Georgian-Colonial structure contains complete facilities for print and electronic media on the third level, reserved seating for 51 guests on the second level, and a concession stand and restroom facilities on the ground floor. A partially covered film deck is located atop the facility, and an elevator serves all levels.

At the same time, more than 200 theatre-type reserved seats were added in front of the press tower, bringing the seating capacity to 6,700. Aluminum seating replaced the original wooden seats. A scoreboard featuring an electronic matrix message board was added before the 1994 season.[1]

In fall 2005, the original grass surface was replaced with an LSR Blade Synthetic Surface. That surface was updated and replaced in the summer of 2014.

In 2009, Samford added the Cooney Family Field House in the south end zone of the stadium. The field house holds a locker room, weight room, training room, equipment room, coaches offices and meeting rooms for the team.

References

  1. ^ "Seibert Stadium". Samford University Athletics. June 28, 2012. Retrieved September 10, 2012. 

External links

  • Seibert Stadium website


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.