World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Tōkyū Ikegami Line


Tōkyū Ikegami Line

Tokyu Ikegami Line
Tokyu Ikegami Line 1000 series EMU, August 2004
Type Commuter rail
Locale Tokyo
Termini Gotanda
Stations 15
Opened 1922
Owner Tokyu Corporation
Line length 10.8 km (6.7 mi)
Track gauge 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)
Electrification 1,500 V DC overhead catenary

The Tokyu Ikegami Line (東急池上線 Tōkyū Ikegami-sen) is a railway line operated by the private railway operator Tokyu Corporation. It runs through Tokyo, extending from Gotanda Station in Shinagawa to Kamata Station in Ōta.

New 3-car 7000 series EMUs were introduced in December 2007, with a total of 19 sets due to be delivered by 2011.[1]


  • Station list 1
  • Rolling stock used 2
  • History 3
    • Former connecting lines 3.1
  • See also 4
  • References 5

Station list

Station No. Station name Distance (km) Transfers Location (ward)
IK01 Gotanda 0.0 Yamanote Line
Toei Asakusa Line
IK02 Ōsaki-Hirokōji 0.3
IK03 Togoshi-Ginza 1.4
IK04 Ebara-Nakanobu 2.2
IK05 Hatanodai 3.1 Tōkyū Ōimachi Line
IK06 Nagahara 3.7 Ota
IK07 Senzoku-Ike 4.3
IK08 Ishikawadai 4.9
IK09 Yukigaya-Ōtsuka 5.6
IK10 Ontakesan 6.4
IK11 Kugahara 7.1
IK12 Chidorichō 8.0
IK13 Ikegami 9.1
IK14 Hasunuma 10.2
IK15 Kamata 10.8 Keihin-Tōhoku Line
Tōkyū Tamagawa Line

Rolling stock used


The line first opened on 6 October 1922 as a 1.8 km line between Kamata and Ikegami. On 4 May 1923, this was extended 3.7 km from Ikegami to Yukigaya.

  • 1926-08-06: Keidai Ground-mae Station opens (now Chidorichō Station).
  • 1927-08-19: Chōfu-Ōtsuka Station opens between Yukigaya and Ontakesan.
  • 1927-08-28: Section opens between Yukigaya and Kirigaya (now closed), located between Ōsaki-Hirokoji and Togoshi-Ginza (4.7 km).
  • 1927-10-09: Line opens between Kirigaya and Ōsaki-Hirokoji (0.6 km).
  • 1928-04-13: Ishikawa Station renamed Ishikawadai, and Suehiro Station renamed Higashi-Chōfu (now Kugahara).
  • 1928-06-17: Line opens between Ōsaki-Hirokoji and Gotanda (0.3 km), completing line.
  • 1933-06-01: Chōfu-Ōtsuka Station combined with Yukigaya Station and renamed Yukigaya-Ōtsuka; Ontakesan-mae Station renamed Ontakesan.
  • 1936-01-01: Higashi-Chōfu Station renamed Kugahara; Keidai Ground-mae Station renamed Chidorichō.
  • 1951-05-01: Hatagaoka Station moved to Hatanodai Station on Ōimachi Line.
  • 1953-08-12: Kirigaya Station closes.

The line voltage was raised from 600 V to 1,500 V DC from 10 August 1957.

The 3000 series trains were withdrawn on 18 March 1989.

On 19 March 1989, Ebara-Nakanobu Station was moved underground.

From 16 March 1998, wanman driver-only operation commenced on the line.

Former connecting lines

  • Yukigaya-Otsuka station - A 1km 1067mm gauge line, electrified at 600 VDC, to Shin-Okusawa operated between 1928 and 1935, providing a connection to Okusawa on the Tokyu Meguro Line.

See also


This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese WorldHeritage

  1. ^ "New trains for Ikegami Line and Tamagawa Line". 
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.