World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

326th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron

 

326th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron

326th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron

Emblem of the 326th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron
Active 1940–1967
Country United States
Branch United States Air Force
Type Fighter-Interceptor
Engagements World War II


The 326th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the 328th Fighter Wing stationed at Richards-Gebaur AFB, Missouri. It was inactivated on 2 January 1967.

History

Air defense and operational training unit until 1 March 1944, and afterward replacement training unit until 31 March 1944. Air defense of the midwest United States, 1953–1967.

Lineage

  • Constituted 326th Fighter Squadron on 24 June 1942
Activated on 10 July 1942
Disbanded on 31 March 1944
  • Reconstituted, and redesignated 326th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, on 23 March 1953
Activated on 18 December 1953
Inactivated on 2 January 1967

Assignments

Stations

Aircraft

References

  • A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization 1946 - 1980, by Lloyd H. Cornett and Mildred W. Johnson, Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
  • Maurer, Maurer. Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1982.
  • USAF Aerospace Defense Command publication, The Interceptor, January 1979 (Volume 21, Number 1).

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.