World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Al Ahmadi, Kuwait

Article Id: WHEBN0026699065
Reproduction Date:

Title: Al Ahmadi, Kuwait  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Adel Lami, Kuwait City, Al-Ahmadi Stadium, Torrey Canyon oil spill, Paras Khadka
Collection: Suburbs of Kuwait City
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Al Ahmadi, Kuwait

Al Ahmadi
Al Ahmadi is located in Kuwait
Al Ahmadi
Al Ahmadi
Coordinates:
Country  Kuwait
Population
 • Total 394,000
Time zone AST (UTC+3)

Al Ahmadi is a town founded in 1946 with the discovery of oil there, located in Al Ahmadi Governorate, Kuwait. Al Ahmadi is a district located in the south of the country. It contains the headquarters for the Kuwait Oil Company. Al Ahmadi in Kuwait is famous for its oil refineries and peaceful green surroundings. The headquarters of Kuwait National Petroleum Company is in Al Ahmadi. Locally, Al Ahmadi is called the 'home of KOC' because of the large number of Kuwait Oil Company oil refineries located here.

History

Al Ahmadi forms the south eastern portion of Kuwait. Covering an area of 5,120 km2. it has a population of about 394,000. Al Ahmadi is the capital of this Kuwait province. The geographical location of Al Ahmadi is 29° 1' N and 48° 1' E. Al Ahmadi Province, named after Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah was created in 1946. Sheikh Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah ruled the province from 1921 to 1956. During the beginning of 1940s British and Indian expats started settling in Al Ahmadi. The city and town have American layouts and designed keeping in mind British preferences. The roads intersect at right angles. Areas close to the sea have buildings on the sea facing hill slopes. The Ahmadi Town was Divided by Orientation into North, South, East and West. The North Ahmadi Side is where The Residential area is Prominent, It also Boasts of a Recreational Club Called The Hubara, the Kuwait Golf Club Course is Located Here. Ahmadi has Beautiful Mosques, There is The "Our Lady Of Arabia Church" located at Ahmadi.

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.