World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Boxtel railway station

Article Id: WHEBN0020294764
Reproduction Date:

Title: Boxtel railway station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Boxtel, Flying junction, Dutch railway services, NS Mat '64, 's-Hertogenbosch railway station, Quadruple track
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Boxtel railway station

Boxtel
Station statistics
Address Netherlands
Coordinates

51°35′04″N 5°19′08″E / 51.58444°N 5.31889°E / 51.58444; 5.31889Coordinates: 51°35′04″N 5°19′08″E / 51.58444°N 5.31889°E / 51.58444; 5.31889

Line(s) Breda–Eindhoven railway
Utrecht–Boxtel railway
Other information
Opened 1865
Services
Preceding station   Nederlandse Spoorwegen   Following station
toward Tilburg Universiteit
NS Sprinter 5200
toward Eindhoven
Vught
NS Sprinter 9600
toward Deurne
Location
Boxtel railway station

Boxtel is a railway station located in Boxtel, Netherlands. The station was opened on 1 May 1865 and is located on the Breda–Eindhoven railway (between Tilburg and Eindhoven) and the Utrecht–Boxtel railway. The station is currently operated by Nederlandse Spoorwegen. Boxtel is an interchange station for Stoptreinen (trains stopping at every station) in North Brabant. There are services meeting in 3 different directions.

The station was majorly rebuilt from 1998 and opened in 2000. This is when the station became two island platforms.

Destinations

These are some of the destinations that are possible to reach from Boxtel:

Tilburg, Eindhoven, Helmond, Deurne and 's-Hertogenbosch.

The nearest major stations where all trains stop are:

Train services

The following services currently call at Boxtel:

  • 2x per hour local services (stoptrein) Tilburg Universiteit - Eindhoven
  • 2x per hour local services (stoptrein) 's-Hertogenbosch - Eindhoven - Deurne

External links

  • NS website (Dutch)
  • Dutch Public Transport journey planner (Dutch)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.