World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Brusque, Santa Catarina

Article Id: WHEBN0017714269
Reproduction Date:

Title: Brusque, Santa Catarina  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: List of zoos, Vinnie Moore, List of football clubs in Brazil, Futsal, Santa Catarina (state), German Brazilian, List of twin towns and sister cities in Germany, Campeonato Catarinense, Polish Brazilian, Brusque
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Brusque, Santa Catarina

Brusque

Seal
Country  Brazil
Region South
State Santa Catarina
Founded August 4, 1860
Government
 • Mayor Paulo Eccel (PT)
Area
 • Total 283,445 km2 (? sq mi)
Elevation 21 m (69 ft)
Population (2009)
 • Total 102.280
 • Density 360,8/km2 (9,340/sq mi)
Time zone BRT (UTC-3)
 • Summer (DST) BRST (UTC-2)
Postal Code 88350-000
Area code(s) 47
HDI (2000) 0.842 – High

Brusque is a city of 102,280 inhabitants in Santa Catarina, Brazil. It was founded in 1860, by 55 German immigrants. The majority of the population are German immigrants but also include Italians and Poles.

Sports

The official football team is Brusque Futebol Clube, founded on October 12, 1987.[1]

Brusque has a strong women's volleyball team, in the Brazilian Super League

Curiosities

- Brusque, the city is a pioneer in the invention of the Voting machine, and the first polling station to use it was also in Brusque (1988).

- First Latin American city to have public computers (1995)

- Headquarters of the first spinning industry of Santa Catarina (1892 - Textile Factory Renaux).

- Headquarters of the only English colony of Santa Catarina (1867).

- The only city in Brazil to use chlorine dioxide to treat water consumed by the population.

Notable natives

Bruno Moritz - Musician

External links

  • (Portuguese) Brusque page

References

Coordinates: 27°05′41.73″S 48°54′53.31″W / 27.0949250°S 48.9148083°W / -27.0949250; -48.9148083

zh:布吕斯屈埃
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.