Constance, Minnesota

Constance was the name of an unincorporated community in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States. The site of Constance village, now abandoned, is within the present boundaries of the city of Andover.

History

The village of Constance was founded in section 13 of Grow Township sometime prior to 1897 and had a post office from 1897 until 1955.[1] Constance formerly had a station of the Burlington Northern Railroad, since defunct. Little trace of the village itself remains, and Grow Township incorporated as the city of Andover in 1973, but Constance Boulevard remains a main two-lane road in the local area.

Notes

Coordinates: 45°15′19″N 93°17′08″W / 45.25528°N 93.28556°W / 45.25528; -93.28556

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.