World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Courson-les-Carrières

Article Id: WHEBN0015674945
Reproduction Date:

Title: Courson-les-Carrières  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Henri Jobier, Communes of the Yonne department, Aisy-sur-Armançon, Aillant-sur-Tholon, Aigremont, Yonne
Collection: Communes of Yonne
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Courson-les-Carrières

Courson-les-Carrières
Courson-les-Carrières is located in France
Courson-les-Carrières
Courson-les-Carrières
Coordinates:
Country France
Region Burgundy
Department Yonne
Arrondissement Auxerre
Canton Courson-les-Carrières
Area1 34.16 km2 (13.19 sq mi)
Population (2006)2 871
 • Density 25/km2 (66/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 89125 / 89560
Elevation 188–345 m (617–1,132 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Courson-les-Carrières is a commune in the Yonne department in Burgundy in north-central France.

History

The commune lies 23 km (14 mi) south of Auxerre. It has a public college, and remains of a feudal castle now in ruins. It is the headquarters of the Community of common Forterre.

The canton, barely separated from the department of Nièvre by that of Coulanges-sur-Yonne. Its municipalities possess 20,364 ha, of which 4,937 of wood. It extends to the west on the plateau of limestone portlandiens, whose stone has been worked and includes a visit to Aubigny in the commune of Taingy, who served in numerous monuments of Paris, whose city hall, a workshop size and initiation size is maintained. Taingy took more than 1 000 inhabitants around the nineteenth century, 520 in 1950. The sources of Ouanne River are a little NE of Taingy to Ouanne precisely, 12 km (7.5 mi) NW Courson.

To the east and south, the township extends to the platform of the lower tier, relief rather incidental terrain, which stretches to Frétoy Forest. It also possesses a growing peak-forest to the south, where the village of Druyes-les-Belles-Fontaines, classified "village character", is known for the ruins of this powerful twelfth-century castle and also of fourteenth century, a gateway of the Former speaker and its Romanesque church. Courson (which is the "Careers" since 1878) and Druyes (which is "Les Belles-Fontaines since 1925) had 1 400 inhabitants respectively. and 1 100 to 1880 and have since been depopulated, even if the tendency seems to be hampered also at Courson-les-Carrières. The village of Ouanne in 1972 had absorbed the commune of Chastenay to the west and Merry-Sec to the east, but Merry-Sec, 5 km (3.1 mi) north of Courson, resumed its independence in 1979. After a long depopulation, as in Ouanne, Merry-Sec few residents have returned since 1982.

See also

References

  • INSEE


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.