World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Episcopal Diocese of Western Colorado

The Episcopal Diocese of Western Colorado was a diocese of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America from 1892 to 1898 and from 1907 to 1919.

In 1892 Western Colorado was detached from the Diocese of Colorado and constituted as a Missionary District. It consisted of all regions in Colorado west of Larimer, Boulder, Gilpin, Clear Creek, Park, Lake, Chaffee, Saguache, Rio Grande and Conejos counties.[1]

The first Bishop was William Morris Barker from 1893 to 1894. The district was administered from 1894 to 1903 by Abiel Leonard, whose title in 1895 became Missionary Bishop of Nevada, Utah, and Western Colorado. In 1898 it became part of the Missionary District of Salt Lake. Bishop Leonard was succeeded by Franklin S. Spalding from 1904 to 1907.

In 1907 the Missionary District of Western Colorado was recreated and had the following bishops:

In 1919 Western Colorado again became part of the Diocese of Colorado, as it had been up to 1892.

Notes

  1. ^ Stone, Wilbur Fiske (1918). History of Colorado. S. J. Clarke. p. 648. 

References

  • The Episcopal Church Annual. Morehouse Publishing: New York, NY (1962).


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.