World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Hamilton AAA Grounds

Article Id: WHEBN0005424060
Reproduction Date:

Title: Hamilton AAA Grounds  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Ivor Wynne Stadium
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Hamilton AAA Grounds

The Hamilton Amateur Athletic Association Grounds (also known as the Hamilton AAA Grounds) is a park located on the north side of Charlton Avenue West, between Locke Street South and Queen Street South, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The park served as home to the Hamilton Tigers from 1872-1949. In 1950, the Tigers amalgamated with the Hamilton Wildcats to create the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The new team became the permanent tenants of Ivor Wynne Stadium, and played their home games there until 2012. The Tiger-Cats joined the Canadian Football League as an inaugural member in 1958. A plaque outlining much of the Grounds history (including information on the Grey Cup games played there) is located next to the main entrance on Charlton.

Grey Cup at HAAA Grounds

Grey Cup Date Champion Score Loser Attendance
2nd Grey Cup 26 November 1910 Toronto Varsity Blues 16-7 Hamilton Tigers 12 000
4th Grey Cup 30 November 1912 Hamilton Alerts 11-4 Toronto Argonauts 5337
5th Grey Cup 29 November 1913 Hamilton Tigers 44-2 Toronto Parkdale Canoe Club 2100
16th Grey Cup 1 December 1928 Hamilton Tigers 30-0 Regina Roughriders 4767
17th Grey Cup 30 November 1929 Hamilton Tigers 14-3 Regina Roughriders 1906
20th Grey Cup 3 December 1932 Hamilton Tigers 25-6 Regina Roughriders 4806
23rd Grey Cup 7 December 1935 Winnipeg 'Pegs 18-12 Hamilton Tigers 6405

External links

  • Timeline of Canadian football history


Coordinates: 43°15′12″N 79°53′01″W / 43.253455°N 79.883512°W / 43.253455; -79.883512

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.