World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Huajiachi Campus, Zhejiang University

Article Id: WHEBN0017827511
Reproduction Date:

Title: Huajiachi Campus, Zhejiang University  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Peace Island (Huajiachi), Huajiachi, Zhejiang University, Ningbo Institute of Technology, Zhejiang University, Yongjiang Campus, Zhejiang University
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Huajiachi Campus, Zhejiang University

Huajiachi Campus (Traditional Chinese: 浙江大學華傢池校區, Simplified Chinese: 浙江大学华家池校区), is a major urban campus of Zhejiang University.

Introduction

The campus includes a famous lake named Huajiachi, which is the second largest lake in Hangzhou after West Lake. Hua (華/华) is a common Chinese surname, and jia (家) means family in Chinese; so Huajia implies that this place probably belonged to the Hua family in ancient times. Chi (池) stands for lake. The campus is named after the lake.[1]

Before 1998, it was the campus of Zhejiang Agricultural University (ZAU). In 1998, the university was merged into Zhejiang University. In fact, before 1953, the ZAU was an agriculture school of Zhejiang University, so it was a kind of rejoining, the same as the previous Hangzhou University, Zhejiang Medical University. etc.[2]

The campus encompasses a total surface of 1484 mu, with a constructional area of 0.3 million m2. It includes a botanical garden, which is the first one in modern Chinese history.[3]

References

  1. ^ 华家池_百度百科
  2. ^ 浙江大学历史渊源__百年求是__教育网__求是潮
  3. ^ 校情总览 ∷ 校区一览
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.