World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Itō Station

Article Id: WHEBN0016177445
Reproduction Date:

Title: Itō Station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: 1938 in rail transport, List of railway stations in Japan: I, Itō Line
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Itō Station

Itō Station (伊東駅 Itō-eki?) is a railway station located in the northern part of Itō, Shizuoka, Japan. It is the terminal station for the Itō Line of the East Japan Railway Company and the Izu Kyūkō Line of the Izukyū Corporation, as well as a freight depot for the Japan Freight Railway Company.

History

Itō Station opened on December 15, 1938 when the section of the Itō Line linking Ajiro with Itō was completed. On December 10, 1961, Izu Kyūkō began operations on a line linking Itō with Shimoda. Freight services were discontinued from October 1, 1980, but were resumed on March 31, 1987. On April 1, 1987 along with division and privatization of the Japan National Railway, East Japan Railway Company started operating this station.

Station layout

Itō Station has a single island platform serving Track 1 and Track 2 and a single side platform serving Track 3. The platforms are connected by an underpass. The Izu Kyūkō trains use the outer Tracks 1 and 3, whereas the Itō Line pulls into Track 2, and reverses out in the opposite direction. The station building has automated ticket machines and Suica and PASMO automated turnstiles; its "Green Window" service counter is open between 9:00 and 18:00.

Platform

1 Izu Kyūkō Line Izu-KōgenIzu-AtagawaIzu-InatoriKawazuIzukyū Shimoda
2 Itō Line For reversing and letting faster trains pass only
Itō Line (During night) Atami
3 Itō Line Atami ・ OdawaraYokohamaTokyo
Izu Kyūkō Line Izu-Kōgen ・ Izu-Atagawa ・ Izu-Inatori ・ Kawazu ・ Izukyū Shimoda

Adjacent stations

« Service »
  ←Itō Line
Izu Kyūkō Line→
 
Usami Local Minami-Itō

External links

  • (Japanese) Official home page

Coordinates: 34°58′29″N 139°05′32″E / 34.974789°N 139.092161°E / 34.974789; 139.092161

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.