World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Jabłonna, Legionowo County

Article Id: WHEBN0019832302
Reproduction Date:

Title: Jabłonna, Legionowo County  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Legionowo County, Tourist attractions in Warsaw, Białołęka, National roads in Poland, Boża Wola, Legionowo County, Chotomów, Dąbrowa Chotomowska, Janówek Drugi, Rajszew, Skierdy
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Jabłonna, Legionowo County

For other places with the same name, see Jabłonna (disambiguation).
Jabłonna
Village
Jabłonna Palace
Jabłonna
Jabłonna

Coordinates: 52°22′41″N 20°54′59″E / 52.37806°N 20.91639°E / 52.37806; 20.91639

Country Poland Poland
Voivodeship Masovian
County Legionowo
Gmina Jabłonna
Area 22.85 km2 (8.82 sq mi)
Population 5,797
Postal code 05-110
Area code(s) +48 22
Car plates WL
Website http://www.jablonna.pl/

Jabłonna [jaˈbwɔnna] is a village in Legionowo County, Masovian Voivodeship, in east-central Poland. It is the seat of the gmina (administrative district) called Gmina Jabłonna.[1] It lies approximately 4 kilometres (2 mi) south of Legionowo and 18 km (11 mi) north of Warsaw.

The town has two major landmarks: the Jablonna Palace (Polish: Pałac w Jabłonnie) and the Mother of God Queen of Poland Church (Polish: Kościele Matki Bożej Królowej Polski) which are in the center of the village.

The church was built on land donated by the Count Maurice Potocki according to project architect Joseph Sendyńskiego. Construction work began in 1921 and was completed in 1925. In 1944 year, the outgoing German troops blew up the church, but it was rebuilt by architects Chwalibog Zbigniew and Boleslaw Gierycha in 1954.

The village has a population of 5,797.

External links

  • Official site of the Gmina (Polish) (English) (German) (French) (Italian) (Russian)
  • Official site of the Jablonna Palace (Polish) (English)

References

Coordinates: 52°22′N 20°54′E / 52.367°N 20.900°E / 52.367; 20.900


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.