World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Jaurès (Paris Métro)

Article Id: WHEBN0000503864
Reproduction Date:

Title: Jaurès (Paris Métro)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Stalingrad (Paris Métro), Bolivar (Paris Métro), Colonel Fabien (Paris Métro), Laumière (Paris Métro), Louis Blanc (Paris Métro)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Jaurès (Paris Métro)

Jaurès
Paris Métro station
Line 2 platforms
Location 1, av. Jean Jaurès
2, Place de Stalingrad
196, Boulevard de la Villette
10th arrondissement of Paris
Île-de-France
France
Coordinates
Owned by RATP
Operated by RATP
Other information
Fare zone 1
History
Opened 23 February 1903 (1903-02-23)
Services
Preceding station   Paris Métro   Following station
toward Porte Dauphine
toward Nation
toward Place d'Italie
Terminus
Location
Jaurès is located in Paris
Jaurès
Location within Paris

Jaurès is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, Line 5, and Line 7bis in the 10th and 19th arrondissements.

Contents

  • History 1
  • Access points 2
  • Connections 3
  • Nearby 4
  • Station layout 5
  • Gallery 6
  • References 7

History

The station was opened on 23 February 1903, three weeks after line 2 was extended from Anvers to Bagnolet, now called Alexandre Dumas on 31 January 1903. The line 7bis platforms opened on 18 January 1911 as part of the first section of line 7 between Opéra and Porte de la Villette more than two months after the opening of the line on 5 November 1910. On 3 December 1967 the branch to Pré Saint-Gervais was separated as 7bis, terminating at Louis Blanc. The line 5 platforms opened on 12 October 1942 with the opening of the first section of the line between Gare du Nord and Église de Pantin.

The station was originally called Rue d'Allemagne ("Street of Germany"). On 1 August 1914, just before the outbreak of World War I the name of the street and the station were changed to Rue de France as a result of the rising tensions with Germany, at the same time as the name of Berlin station was changed to Liège. However, just before the socialist and pacifist politician Jean Jaurès had been assassinated and the station and street were soon renamed after him.

Access points

Connections

  • RATP Buses 26 and 48
  • Night buses N13, N41, N42and N45

Nearby

Nearby are the Rotonde de la Villette (part of the Wall of the Farmers-General, built between 1784 and 1788) and the Bassin de la Villette.

Station layout

Line 2 platforms
Side platform, doors will open on the right
Westbound toward Porte Dauphine (Stalingrad)
Eastbound toward Nation (Colonel Fabien)
Side platform, doors will open on the right
1F Line 2 mezzanine
Street Level
B1 Mezzanine for platform connection
Line 5 platforms
Side platform, doors will open on the right
Southbound toward Place d'Italie (Stalingrad)
Northbound toward Bobigny – Pablo Picasso (Laumière)
Side platform, doors will open on the right
Line 7bis platforms
Side platform, doors will open on the right
Inbound toward Louis Blanc (Terminus)
Outbound toward Pré Saint-Gervais (Bolivar)
Side platform, doors will open on the right

Gallery

References

  • Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.