World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Keikyū Kurihama Station

Article Id: WHEBN0007358906
Reproduction Date:

Title: Keikyū Kurihama Station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Keikyū Kurihama Line, Railway stations in Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Tokyo-Wan Ferry, Kurihama Station, Oppama Station
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Keikyū Kurihama Station

Keikyū Kurihama Station
京急久里浜駅
Keikyū Kurihama Station
Location
Prefecture Kanagawa
(See other stations in Kanagawa)
City Yokosuka
Neighborhood Kurihama 4-410
Postal code 239 - 0831
Address in Japanese 神奈川県横須賀市久里浜四丁目4-10
History
Opened 1942
Former names Keihin Kurihama Station
Shōnan-Kurihama Station
Present name since 1987
Rail services
Station number(s) KK67
Operator(s) Keikyū
Line(s) Kurihama Line
Statistics 44,842 passengers/day 2008
Bus There is a bus stop near this station

Keikyū Kurihama Station (京急久里浜駅 Keikyū Kurihama-eki) is a railway station operated by the Keikyū Kurihama Line located in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. It is located 4.5 rail kilometers from the Horinouchi junction, and 56.8 rail kilometers from the northern terminus of the Kurihama Line at Shinagawa Station, in Tokyo. It is also located 3 minutes' walk from Kurihama Station on the Yokosuka Line.

History

Keikyū Kurihama Station opened on December 1, 1942 as the southern terminal station for the Tokyu Shōnan Line. At that time, it was named simply Kurihama Station (久里浜駅 Kurihama-eki), however, to avoid confusion with the neighboring government-run Kurihama Station, it was renamed Shōnan-Kurihama Station (湘南久里浜駅 Shōnan-Kurihama-eki) on April 1, 1944. It became a station on the Keihin Electric Express Railway from 1948. The station was renamed Keihin Kurihama Station (京浜久里浜駅 Keihin Kurihama-eki), on November 1, 1963. A new station building was completed in April 1987, and the station renamed to its present name on June 1, 1987.

Lines

Station layout

Keikyū Kurihama Station has two

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.