World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Rollason Aircraft and Engines

Article Id: WHEBN0016515863
Reproduction Date:

Title: Rollason Aircraft and Engines  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Aerospace industry in the United Kingdom, Croydon Airport, Air Service Training, AJEP, Garland Aircraft Company
Collection: Defunct Aircraft Manufacturers of the United Kingdom
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Rollason Aircraft and Engines

Rollason Aircraft and Engines
Industry Aerospace
Founded 1957
Headquarters Croydon, Surrey, UK

Rollason Aircraft and Engines Limited was a British aircraft manufacturer and aircraft maintenance and refurbishment company from its formation in 1957.

Contents

  • History 1
  • Aircraft built 2
  • References 3
  • External links 4

History

A 1966-built Rollason Condor two-seat training and club aircraft.

The company was founded in 1943 by W.A. Rollason at Croydon Airport along with a sister company W.A. Rollason Limited and Rollason Aircraft Services Limited. Rollason Aircraft and Engines manufactured the French-designed Druine Turbulent and Druine Condor under licence and it became the United Kingdom agent for Jodel aircraft. The company also manufactured four Beta air-racing monoplanes during 1967.

Aircraft were built at the then closed Croydon Airport and assembled and test flown from Redhill Aerodrome with the first Rollason aircraft (a Turbulent) flown on 1 January 1958. Rollason also became a supplier of spare parts for the de Havilland Tiger Moth and Stampe SV.4. The company also built Ardem piston engines under licence for use in the Turbulents. The company was also involved in maintenance and refurbishment of aircraft particular the Tiger Moth. In 1973 the company head office moved to Shoreham Airport.

Aircraft built

References

External links

  • British Aircraft Directory
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.