World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

University House, University of Birmingham

Article Id: WHEBN0010853190
Reproduction Date:

Title: University House, University of Birmingham  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham, Inlogov, Ironbridge Institute, Birmingham Archaeology
Collection: University of Birmingham
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

University House, University of Birmingham

University House
Originally a hall of residence at the University of Birmingham, University House became the home for the university's business school in 2004 after having been extensively refurbished and extended to provide state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities. It is located in beautiful grounds in the conservation area of Edgbaston, Birmingham.

The name 'University House' was originally given to a building on Hagley Road in 1908. The present building was constructed in 1912 as a residence for female students at the university. In 1964, the hall became one of the UK's first mixed-sex university residences. It remained so until its closure as a residence in July 2002.

Students made a Guinness World Record for endurance after completing a croquet marathon on the hall's lawn.

External links

  • University House page on the Birmingham Business School website
  • Birmingham Business School

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.