World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron

Article Id: WHEBN0023664940
Reproduction Date:

Title: 685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Kirtland Air Force Base, 34th Air Division, Oklahoma City Air Defense Sector, Albuquerque Air Defense Sector, List of United States Air Force aircraft control and warning squadrons
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron

685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron

Emblem of the 685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
Active 1950-1963
Country United States
Branch  United States Air Force
Type General Radar Surveillance

The 685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Oklahoma City Air Defense Sector, Aerospace Defense Command, stationed at Las Cruces Air Force Station, New Mexico. It was inactivated on 1 August 1963.

The unit was a General Surveillance Radar squadron providing for the air defense of the United States.

Lineage

  • Established as 685th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
Activated on 27 November 1950
Inactivated on 6 February 1952
  • Activated on 1 December 1953
Discontinued on 1 August 1963

Assignments

Stations

  • Norton AFB, California, 1 January 1951 - 6 February 1952
  • Geiger Field, Washington, 1 December 1953
  • Kirtland AFB, New Mexico, 1 January 1954
  • Las Cruces AFS, New Mexico, 1 December 1954-1 August 1963

References

  • Cornett, Lloyd H. and Johnson, Mildred W., A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization 1946 - 1980, [1] Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center, Peterson AFB, CO (1980).
  • Winkler, David F. & Webster, Julie L., Searching the Skies, The Legacy of the United States Cold War Defense Radar Program, [2] US Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories, Champaign, IL (1997).

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.