World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Döberitz

Dallgow-Döberitz

A view of the Döberitzer Heide

Coat of arms
Dallgow-Döberitz
Dallgow-Döberitz

Coordinates: 52°31′59″N 13°03′00″E / 52.53306°N 13.05000°E / 52.53306; 13.05000Coordinates: 52°31′59″N 13°03′00″E / 52.53306°N 13.05000°E / 52.53306; 13.05000

Country Germany
State Brandenburg
District
Government
 • Mayor Jürgen Hemberger (Freie Wähler)
Area
 • Total 65.96 km2 (25.47 sq mi)
Elevation 37 m (121 ft)
Population (2012-12-31)[1]
 • Total 8,714
 • Density 130/km2 (340/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 14624
Dialling codes 03322
Vehicle registration HVL
Website

Dallgow-Döberitz is a municipality in the Havelland district, in Brandenburg, Germany.

Geography

It consists of the villages of Dallgow-Döberitz, Rohrbeck and Seeburg. To the east it shares border with the Spandau borough of Berlin. Neighbouring Brandenburg municipalities are Falkensee in the north and Wustermark in the west. In the south is the large former proving ground Döberitzer Heide, now mainly a natural reserve governed by the Heinz Sielmann Foundation.

History

The Imperial German Army established the proving ground in 1894 around the historic village of Döberitz, which had to be abandoned by its inhabitants.

During the 1936 Summer Olympics in neighboring Berlin, it hosted the riding part of the modern pentathlon and part of the equestrian eventing competitions.[2]

Between 1945 and 1951 Dallgow served as East German border crossing for cars travelling along F 5 between the Soviet Zone of occupation in Germany (till 1949, thereafter the East German Democratic Republic) or the British Zone of Occupation (till 1949) and thereafter the West German Federal Republic of Germany and West Berlin. The traffic was subject to the Interzonal traffic regulations. After the East German Volkspolizei took control of West-Staaken on 1 February 1951 the checkpoint was moved up more eastwards.

The municipality shared its borders with the former West Berlin, and so during the period 1961-1990 it was separated from it by the Berlin Wall.

The 2008 film The Wave was filmed at the Marie Curie Gymnasium in this municipality.

Demography


References

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.