World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Fuchinobe Station

Article Id: WHEBN0022639678
Reproduction Date:

Title: Fuchinobe Station  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Yokohama Line, Kobuchi Station (Kanagawa), Yabe Station, Naruse Station, Aihara Station
Collection: Railway Stations in Sagamihara, Stations of East Japan Railway Company, Yokohama Line
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Fuchinobe Station

Fuchinobe Station (淵野辺駅 Fuchinobe-eki) is a commuter railway station on the East Japan Railway Company's Yokohama Line located in Chūō Ward, Sagamihara, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. It is 28.4 kilometers from the terminus of the Yokohama Line at Higashi-Kanagawa Station.

Contents

  • History 1
  • Lines 2
  • Station layout 3
    • Platforms 3.1
  • Adjacent stations 4
  • Surrounding area 5
  • References 6
  • External links 7

History

Fuchibe Station was opened on September 23, 1908 on the Yokohama Railway. The Yokohama Railway was nationalized on April 1, 1910 and became part of the Japanese Government Railway (JGR) in 1917. The JGR became the Japan National Railway (JNR) after World War II. All freight operations were discontinued from October 1, 1977. With the privatization of the JNR on April 1, 1987, the station came under the operational control of JR East.

Lines

Station layout

Fuchinobe Station is an elevated station with a single island platform serving two tracks.

Platforms

1 Yokohama Line Machida, Shin-Yokohama, Higashi-Kanagawa
2 Yokohama Line Hashimoto, Hachiōji


Adjacent stations

« Service »
Yokohama Line
Rapid: no stop
Kobuchi Local Yabe

Surrounding area

References

  • Harris, Ken and Clarke, Jackie. Jane's World Railways 2008-2009. Jane's Information Group (2008). ISBN 0-7106-2861-7
  1. ^ JR East statistics. Average number of incoming passengers in fiscal year 2008.

External links

  • Fuchinobe Station (JR East) (Japanese)

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.