World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ramburelles

Article Id: WHEBN0016055220
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ramburelles  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Communes of the Somme department, Arrondissement of Abbeville
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ramburelles

Ramburelles

School
Ramburelles
Ramburelles

Coordinates: 49°58′05″N 1°42′38″E / 49.9681°N 1.7106°E / 49.9681; 1.7106Coordinates: 49°58′05″N 1°42′38″E / 49.9681°N 1.7106°E / 49.9681; 1.7106

Country France
Region Picardy
Department Somme
Arrondissement Abbeville
Canton Gamaches
Government
 • Mayor (2001–2008) Michel Dubus
Area
 • Land1 4.59 km2 (1.77 sq mi)
Population (2006)
 • Population2 244
 • Population2 density 53/km2 (140/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 80662 / 80140
Elevation 104–133 m (341–436 ft)
(avg. 130 m or 430 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Ramburelles is a commune in the Somme department in Picardie in northern France.

Geography

Ramburelles is situated on the D263 road, some 10 miles (16 km) southwest of Abbeville.

Population

Population history
1926 1931 1936 1962 1968 1975 1982 1990 1999 2006
222 214 221 200 213 228 211 231 210 244
Starting in 196: Population without duplicates

History

  • In 1218, Bishop Evrard puts the parish under the deanship of Oisemont.
  • In the 14th century, it came under the provost of the Vimeu.
  • Before leaving, in 1944, the Germans burnt down the school and the chateau.
  • In 1922, the local council agreed to the installation of a telephone kiosk.[1] It wasn’t working until 1924.

.

  • In 1922 and 1923, electrification came to the village. Public buildings waited until 1929.
  • In 1932, the local council agreed to provide a fresh water supply to the commune. It wasn’t completed until 1953.
  • in 1948, the roads of the commune were covered in tarmac for the first time.

Heraldry

The arms of Ramburelles are blazoned :
Azure, an inescutcheon argent. (Gouzeaucourt, Saint-Jean-de-Vals, Ramburelles, Saint-Menge, Colombey-les-Belles and Ostreville use the same arms.)




Places of interest

  • The traces of a castle can be seen in pastureland near the village.
  • The sixteenth century church, completed in 1536
  • The château
  • The war memorial, from 1922
  • Ancient wells, used until clean water was supplied to the village.
  • The school. It was planned in 1878 and built soon after.


Personalities


  • Paul Eugène Delattre (1830–1898). Lawyer, politician, writer

See also

References

  • INSEE

External links

  • Ramburelles on the Quid website (French)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.