World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Wkkp

WKKP
City of license Georgia
Broadcast area Henry County, Georgia
Branding Classic Country 1410
Slogan You're in Classic Country
Frequency 1410 kHz
First air date April 24, 1967
Format Classic Country
Language(s) English
Power 2,500 watts day
58 watts night
Class D
Facility ID 26940
Transmitter coordinates
Former callsigns WJGA (1967-19??)
WZAL
Former frequencies 1540 kHz
Owner Henry County Radio, Inc.
Sister stations WJGA-FM

WKKP Classic Country 1410 broadcasts on 1410 kHz at a power of 2,500 watts daytime and 58 watts at night from a tower located on Racetrack Road in Henry County Radio Co, Inc. and originates from studios located on Brownlee Road in Jackson, Georgia.

The station callsign was originally WZAL, assigned to 1540 kHz, and owned by Statesboro, Georgia), and moved to 1410 kHz in the late 1980s.

Jim DeVan managed WZAL until his sudden death from a work-related accident in 1991. The station was sold to a former Tarkenton associate (Earnhart), who changed the call letters and moved the studios to Jackson several years later. WKKP (Kopy Kat Programming) aired local programming in the morning, followed by simulcast programming from sister station Jackson, Georgia.

The station has gone through many format changes, and currently broadcasts Classic Country programming from satellite. WKKP also broadcasts AP network news at the top of the hour. The Henry County Schools high school football game of the week is also aired every Saturday at 1:00PM during the football season. Play by play coverage is provided by Jason Shadden, and Tony Tumlin provides color commentation. They also broadcast high school baseball and basketball games in season, with Rob Gulley providing play by play.

External links

  • Query the FCC's AM station database for WKKP
  • Radio-Locator Information on WKKP
  • Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WKKP


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.