World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Associação Atlética São Bento

Article Id: WHEBN0025854555
Reproduction Date:

Title: Associação Atlética São Bento  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: List of football clubs in Brazil, São Bento, Campeonato Paulista, Silvio Lagreca, Armando Del Debbio
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Associação Atlética São Bento

São Bento
logo
Full name Associação Atlética São Bento
Founded 1914
Dissolved 1935
Ground Floresta, São Paulo, Brazil
Ground Capacity 2,000
Home colours

Associação Atlética São Bento, was an association football club from the Brazilian metropolis São Paulo. The club existed between 1914 and 1935 and won the State Championship of São Paulo in 1914 and twice. .[1]

History

Associação Atlética São Bento were founded in 1914 by Father Katon, professor at the high school São Bento at the place of the same name downtown São Paulo.

From 1914 on the club played 317 matches in the State Championship until it ceased operations in 1935 after the official professionalisation of football in São Paulo.[2]

A notable player of the championship winning team of 1925 was Luís Macedo Matoso "Feitiço", who was with the club from 1923 to 1926 and was top-scorer of the championship in all these three years.

On 4 June 1916 São Bento was opponent of CR Flamengo of Rio de Janeiro on the occasion of the inauguration of the Stadium on the Rua Paysandu in the quarter of Flamengo. Flamengo wore then for the first time their today traditional red and black hooped jerseys and won the match 3-1.

Stadium

São Bento played their home games at Estádio da Floresta, which was also the first homeground of the São Paulo FC. It had a capacity of 15,000 from 1915 forward.[1]

Honors

References

  • Marcelo Rozenberg: Associação Atlética São Bento: Clube extinto de São Paulo duas vezes campeão paulista,' Terceiro Tempo: Que fim levou? (per 2013-09-28).
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.