World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

PKP class OKl27

 

PKP class OKl27

PKP OKl27
OKl27-41 in Chabówka
Type and origin
Power type Steam
Builder Cegielski (Poznań)
Build date 1928–1933
Total produced 122
Specifications
Configuration 2-6-2T
UIC classification 1′C1′ h2t
Gauge 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 12 in) standard gauge
Leading wheel
diameter
860 mm (33.86 in)
Driver diameter 1,500 mm (59.06 in)
Trailing wheel
diameter
860 mm (33.86 in)
Length 12.863 m (42 ft 2 in)
Weight on drivers 67.7 t (66.6 long tons; 74.6 short tons)
Locomotive weight 85.1 t (83.8 long tons; 93.8 short tons)
Fuel type Coal
Fuel capacity 4.0 t (8,800 lb)
Water capacity 10,000 l (2,200 imp gal; 2,640 US gal)
Boiler pressure 14 kg/cm2 (1.37 MPa; 199 psi)
Firegrate area 2.6 m2 (28 sq ft)
Heating surface:
– Total
122.7 m2 (1,321 sq ft)
Superheater area 45.2 m2 (487 sq ft)
Cylinders Two, outside
Cylinder size 540 mm × 630 mm (21.26 in × 24.80 in)
Performance figures
Maximum speed 80 km/h (50 mph)
Power output 930 PS (680 kW)
Tractive effort 103 kN (23,000 lbf)
Career
Operator(s) PKP » DRB » PKP
Class PKP: OKl27
DRB: 7512
Number(s) PKP: OKl27-1 to OKl27-122
DRB: 75 1201 to 75 1320

PKP class OKl27 is a class of ordinary passenger (O) tank (K) 2-6-2 (l) steam locomotives designed in 1927 for Polskie Koleje Państwowe (Polish State Railways, PKP). It was the first completely Polish construction. The design was prepared by eng. Bryling.

Contents

  • History 1
    • Production 1.1
    • Operation 1.2
    • Wartime 1.3
    • Preservation 1.4

History

Production

Hipolit Cegielski Metal Works in Poznań produced 122 engines in the period of 1928–1933.[1]

Operation

The OKl27 class serviced mainly local transport, especially suburban lines.

Wartime

After the German invasion of Poland in World War II, 120 of the 122 OKl27 locomotives were taken into the Deutsche Reichsbahn fleet as 75 1201 to 75 1320.[2]

Preservation

Four engines have survived: OKl27-10 in Skierniewice (as an exhibit), OKl27-26 in Warsaw Railroad Museum (as an exhibit), OKl27-27

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.