World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

SG Dynamo Hohenschönhausen

SG Dynamo Hohenschönhausen
Logo
Full name Sportgemeinschaft Dynamo Hohenschönhausen
Founded 1952
Dissolved 1966
Ground Sportforum Hohenschönhausen
Ground Capacity 12,000
Affiliated to SV Dynamo

SG Dynamo Hohenschönhausen was an East German football club from Berlin, affiliated to the SV Dynamo sports society. It was active from 1952 to 1966.

Football

The club began life as SG Dynamo Berlin, and was the first football club to take this name. It entered the DDR-Liga (II) in 1952, taking the place of the recently dissolved SG Volkspolizei Potsdam. In 1956, SG Dynamo Dresden's team was moved to Berlin, forming SC Dynamo Berlin. This meant that for a short time there were two football teams named Dynamo Berlin, but SG, now demoted to the Bezirksliga (IV) to make way, was quickly renamed SG Dynamo Berlin-Mitte.

In the 1956 season, Mitte earned promotion to the 2. DDR-Liga (III), at which point it was merged with SC Dynamo Berlin's second team, under the name SG Dynamo Hohenschönhausen. While the new club was technically an independent club, it was, in practice, a feeder club to Dynamo Berlin, and regularly featured promising youngsters and retiring veterans from its parent club.

In 1959, Hohenschönhausen was promoted back to the DDR-Liga, and, after one relegation from which it immediately recovered, stabilised in the second tier.

1966 saw SC Dynamo Berlin restructured, with the football department reformed as Berliner FC Dynamo. This meant the end of SG Dynamo Hohenschönhausen, with its players transferred to BFC's reserve team.

References

  • Dynamo Hohenschönhausen in: Hardy Grüne (2001): Vereinslexikon. Enzyklopädie des deutschen Ligafußballs. Band 7. Kassel: AGON Sportverlag, S. 229 ISBN 3-89784-147-9
  • Dynamo Hohenschönhausen in: Hanns Leske (2007): Enzyklopädie des DDR-Fußballs. Verlag Die Werkstatt, S. 185 ISBN 978-3-89533-556-3
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.