World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Savignone

Article Id: WHEBN0006699872
Reproduction Date:

Title: Savignone  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Province of Genoa, Genoa, Czech Republic national under-17 football team, Mignanego, Busalla
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Savignone

Savignone
Comune
Comune di Savignone
Savignone
Savignone
Coat of arms of Savignone
Coat of arms
Savignone is located in Italy
Savignone
Location of Savignone in Italy
Coordinates:
Country Italy
Region Liguria
Province Genoa (GE)
Frazioni Isorelle, San Bartolomeo, Gabbie, Montemaggio, Ponte Vaccarezza, Sorrivi
Government
 • Mayor Ettore Navone
Area
 • Total 21.8 km2 (8.4 sq mi)
Elevation 500 m (1,600 ft)
Population (31 December 2005)[1]
 • Total 3,148
 • Density 140/km2 (370/sq mi)
Demonym(s) Savignonesi
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 16010
Dialing code 010
Patron saint St. Augustine
Saint day August 28
Website Official website

Savignone (Ligurian: Savignon) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Genoa in the Italian region Liguria, located about 15 kilometres (9 mi) north of Genoa.

Savignone borders the following municipalities: Busalla, Casella, Crocefieschi, Mignanego, Serra Riccò, Valbrevenna.

Contents

  • History 1
  • Main sights 2
  • Demographic evolution 3
  • References 4

History

The area of Savignone was settled probably in the Iron Age. In the Middle Ages it was a fief of Tortona, and in 1242 it was acquired by the Republic of Genoa which entrusted it to the Spinola family. Later it was under the Fieschi, who sold it back to Genoa in 1636. From 1815 it was part of the Kingdom of Sardinia, belonging to Italy from 1861.

Main sights

  • Fieschi castle (13th century)
  • Palazzo Fieschi (16th century)
  • Parish church of St. Bartholomew, housing two canvasses by Luca Cambiaso.

Demographic evolution

References

  1. ^ All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.