World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Valley National Bank

Article Id: WHEBN0005945781
Reproduction Date:

Title: Valley National Bank  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Wayne, New Jersey, Companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange (V), Passaic, New Jersey, Borough Park, Brooklyn, Totowa, New Jersey
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Valley National Bank

Valley National Bancorp
Valley National Bank
Public
Traded as NYSE: VLY
Industry
Founded Passaic, New Jersey, U.S. (1927 (1927))
Headquarters Wayne, New Jersey, U.S.
Area served
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Pennsylvania
Key people
Website .comvalleynationalbank


Valley National Bancorp (NYSE:VLY) is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey with over $19 billion in assets. Its principal subsidiary, Valley National Bank, currently operates 213 branches in 163 communities serving 24 counties throughout northern and central New Jersey, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island and Florida. Valley National Bank is one of the largest commercial banks headquartered in New Jersey.[1]

History

Valley National Bank was founded in 1927 as the Passaic Park Trust Company. The Bank changed its name in the mid-1930s to the Bank of Passaic and Trust Company. In 1956 the Bank acquired the Bank of Allwood located in Clifton, New Jersey. At the same time, the name was changed to the Bank of Passaic and Clifton. The acquisition of the Bank of Wayne in 1976 created a need for a new identity, and the name Valley National Bank was chosen.[2]

From its founding in 1927 until 1999 Valley National Bank was based in Passaic, New Jersey. That year, following the acquisition of Wayne-based Ramapo Bank, Valley National moved its headquarters to Wayne.

References

  1. ^ Valley National Bank About Us
  2. ^ Valley National Bank History
  • Valley National Bank homepage

External links

  • Company Site


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.