World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Vlchek Tool Company

Article Id: WHEBN0040349054
Reproduction Date:

Title: Vlchek Tool Company  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: French Engineering Works, Gardner Bender, Coes Wrench Company, Bahco, Crescent (brand)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Vlchek Tool Company

Vlchek Tool Company
Industry Manufacturing
Fate purchased
Successor Pendleton Tool Industries Co.
Founded 1894
Defunct 1958
Headquarters 3001 East 87th Street, Cleveland, Ohio
Key people
Frank J. Vlchek
Products Hand tools

Vlchek Tool Company was a hand tool manufacturer. Vlchek originally made and sharpened tools for stonecutters and masons, and later made tools for automobiles and for agriculture machinery.

Vlchek Tool Company was founded as a blacksmith shop in 1894 in Cleveland, Ohio by Frank Vlchek, it was incorporated in 1909.

In 1958 Pendleton Tool Industries Co. bought out the Vlchek Tool Company. In 1964 Pendleton itself merged with Ingersoll-Rand. In 1969 Ingersoll closed Vlchek's East 87th Street, Cleveland, Ohio plant.

See also

References

External links

  • VLCHEK, FRANK J. - The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History
  • VLCHEK TOOL CO. - The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.