World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Troyekurovskoye Cemetery

Article Id: WHEBN0021613997
Reproduction Date:

Title: Troyekurovskoye Cemetery  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Vitaly Fedorchuk, Boris Pugo, Gennady Yanayev, Vladimir Kryuchkov, Anna Politkovskaya, Leonid Shebarshin, Lyubov Polishchuk, Lev Skvirsky, Ilya Kormiltsev, Vyacheslav Nevinny
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Troyekurovskoye Cemetery

Coordinates: 55°42′0.74″N 37°24′32.22″E / 55.7002056°N 37.4089500°E / 55.7002056; 37.4089500 The Troyekurovskoye Cemetery (Russian: Троекуровское кладбище), sometimes called the Novo-Kuntsevskoye Cemetery (Russian: Ново-Кунцевское кладбище), is a Russian cemetery. It is located next to the Moscow Highway Ring Road, in the former village of Troyekurovo, on the edge of western Moscow. It is administered as a branch of the Novodevichy Cemetery.

The village takes its name from the Troyekurov princely family, a branch of the Rurikid House of Yaroslavl, that owned the village in the 17th century. The cemetery includes the Church of Saint Nicholas. The church was built by Prince Troyekurov in 1699-1704, closed during the Soviet time, and returned to the faithful in 1991.

Notable people buried at the Troyekurovskoye Cemetery

Notable graves

Public and political figures

Military

References

External links

  • List of graves and pictures of the Troyekurovskoye Cemetery (Russian)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.